Park-museum The 127 days of Riolo

 

A kind of “park-museum” has been created under the ancient Walls of Riolo Terme where bronze sculptures by artist Giovanni Bertozzi, inspired by the book “The 127 Days of Riolo,” are displayed.

During World War II, the town of Riolo Terme was a German stronghold and the scene of bitter fighting that caused extensive damage, mourning and destruction. The wartime operations of the
1944-45 they stopped in the territory of Riola for 4 months during the winter along the Senio River from the Chalk Vein to the Valley. The final offensive was launched by the Allies in April 1945. Riolo was liberated on April 11, after 127 long days of siege, by Combat Group “Friuli” and the Jewish Brigade, framed in the British 10th Army Corps.

A kind of “park-museum” dedicated to the memory of the victims of Nazi-Fascism has been created under the ancient Walls of Riolo Terme, where intriguing bronze sculptures by artist Giovanni Bertozzi, inspired by the “sketches” of the pages of Leonida Costa’s book “The 127 Days of Riolo,” are on display.

At the beginning of the trail, an iron plaque announces and introduces the Park-Museum. The main monument is made of bronze, while the plinths of the other structures are made of stone and support bronze or ceramic high reliefs. Nearby is a monument dedicated to the Commander of the Friuli Combat Group, Gen. Arturo Scattini, who liberated Riolo on April 11, 1945.

Informazioni e ringraziamenti

In partnership with:
Union of Romagna Faentina - Tourism Sector